Balbharti Maharashtra State Board Class 5 English Solutions Chapter 19 Be a Good Host and Guest Notes, Textbook Exercise Important Questions and Answers.
Maharashtra State Board Class 5 English Solutions Chapter 19 Be a Good Host and Guest
English Balbharati Std 5 Digest Chapter 19 Be a Good Host and Guest Textbook Questions and Answers
Group Work :
1. Form groups of 5-8. Then make pairs of groups. Decide which group will be hosts and which will be guests. Arrange mock parties in the classroom so that the roles of hosts and guests can actually be played out.
Form groups of 5-8. Then make pairs of groups. Decide which group will be hosts and which will be guests. Arrange mock parties in the classroom so that the roles of hosts and guests can actually be played out.
Do it yourself.
2. Later on, hold group wise discussions on how your party went. Make lists of the tips you followed and those you forgot to follow.
Later on, hold group wise discussions on how your party went. Make lists of the tips you followed and those you forgot to follow.
Do it yourself.
English Balbharati Std 5 Answers Chapter 19 Be a Good Host and Guest Additional Important Questions and Answers
Tips to be a wonderful host.
Before the party day:
- Consult family members. Decide the time, place, date, menu, etc.
- List down the invitees.
- Inform the invitees well in advance, orally or in the written form. Give all the information needed.
- You have to impress your guests. Choose decorations which look the best. Choose the menu which the guests will love.
- List down the different means of entertainments and including games, you would want for your guests.
- List down the programme of your party, Recheck the list to see that everything is taken care of.
- Distribute the task so that it wouldn’t be a burden on any one person.
On the party day:
- Be ready and presentable before your guests trickle in
- Check whether decorations and food are ready before the guests arrive.
- Greet and introduce guests to everyone.
- Keep your guests comfortable and happy.
- Serve everyone food politely, keeping in mind their likes and dislikes.
- Make sure that everyone participates and enjoys the entertainment part.
- Bid (say) goodbye to every guest personally.
- It matters a lot.
- All family members should help to clean up.
Tips to be a wonderful guest.
Before arriving for the party:
- Acknowledge the invitation with a ‘yes’ or ‘no’. This will help the host to arrange for food without any wastage.
- Do not say a ‘yes’ and cancel at the last moment.
- Choose the right gift to be given to the host as a token of appreciation.
- Never leave the price tag on the gift.
- Wrap and decorate the gift. It is a nice gesture.
On the day of the party:
- Be on time.
- Volunteer to help the host.
- Mingle, enjoy and connect with other guests.
- Participate and entertain.
- Appreciate the food and the ambience.
- Eat as much as is needed. Do not waste.
- Volunteer to clean up.
- Compliment the host for a wonderful party.
- Say goodbye to the host before leaving.
- Send a ‘Thank you note’ or call to show your appreciation, it means a lot to the host.
Language Study :
Give the antonyms for:
- expensive – cheap, inexpensive
Writing Skills :
Write an informal letter to your cousin inviting him to attend a surprise party for your brother/sister who is going to turn a teenager.
B-8, Royal Palms,
15th Carter Road,
Mumbai – 400 050
156 July 2015
It’s a long time since I wrote to you. How are you? I am so excited to write this letter. Mum and Dad have decided to arrange a surprise party for Vivek bhaiyya as he is going to turn 13 on 1st August. Bhaiyya is excited that he is going to enter his teens. Dad has arranged a party for all his friends at Palms Hotel, Bandra at 7 p.m.
I am sure you will be there to enjoy the fun and games organised by an Event management group. So see you on 1st August. Promising you a good time. Looking forward to meet you at the party. Give my love and regards to all at home.
Your loving cousin,
Be a Good Host and Guest Summary in English
This lesson provides tips to be excellent hosts and guests at parties. Parties are fun time. We meet friends and relatives. We eat, sing, dance and have a wonderful time. Who does not like parties? Everyone does. You and I too.
Party time and we want to look our best and be our best. Whether you are a host or a guest at the party, there are certain things which should be taken care of. While giving a party, be a wonderful host. If you are invited to a party, be a wonderful guest. Parties should be such wherein you cherish wonderful memories.
- fancy (adj) – decorative
- glamorous (adj) – stylish
- pleasant (adj) – nice
- memorable (adj) – worthy to be remembered
- preference (n) – a strong liking